13.12.09

getting all suited up..

Well not exactly yet.  My birthday post noted that I'd sent out another little batch of query letters.  A day later I received two rejections by email.  Makes one think rejections are automated.  No?  Two days later, a very prominent fellow with a great sense of humor asked to read my manuscript.  This is a big deal, so I am told.  What do I know?  I've never done this before.  I'm thinking maybe the Simpsons stamps are working.  Anyway, there are now four copies levitating around Manhattan.  Did any of them go to lunch?  To the bathroom?  Away for the weekend?  And this latest guy, D., has an unbelievable roster of publishing deals with all the big guys.  It's a large agency in the works for 30 years or so.  I'll stop now before I get nerve sick thinking about it.  Tomorrow I go to class and pick up a class-load of final essays.  That will keep my heals from going too high in the air.  Actually, a stack of essays is quite like lead.

Stay tuned,
Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment