8.7.10

the latest Frying SPAM news!

Hey SPAM slicers,
Just a few notes on my writing adventures for your hot summer day.

At the end of the month I'll be headed to a famously outrageous NJ bookstore and music venue for an advance reading from my Frying SPAM memoir. For the first time in many years, I'll be pulling out my guitar as well to play a few flashback tunes from my two CD's. Here is the link to RSVP with the place and date and time and map and all the rest. I sure hope to see many of you that have been following my writing adventures of the years show up to support indie publishing. And of course, I'd love to meet you too. Perhaps you can even join me for an adult beverage after the show. The event is free and public, so invite all your friends on facebook. RSVP HERE

I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the manuscript and hope to have it off to New York City shortly. This revision is nearly double the length of the first version that I read at the Memories & Martinis event last fall. I've followed the suggestions of a sharp agent that is is very hot for comedic religious themed nonfiction. I'm quite happy with this version too. I am committed to seeing this through and have no doubt that you will see it bound soon. Check out the new webpage here with great new slices from all 17 Chapters!

Finally, my plan is to blow off this blog soon and move all Frying SPAM memoir excitement over to a facebook page. It will be more streamlined with everyone's activities and communications. So click here to 'like' the page and stay in the loop. And hey, I'm collecting cool vintage SPAM images, videos, and other SPAM junk there too. Show me what you got!

Stay tuned, cool things are rolling in..
Samuel

links:

No comments:

Post a Comment